Tuesday 16 June 2015

Die letzten sechs Tage

Nachdem das Wetter längere Zeit trocken und windig gewesen war kam am Freitag der angekündigte Regen - und hörte 2½ Tage lang gar nicht mehr auf.


I made a support for the lovely rose "Lady of Shalott" which Petra had sent me:


 








 The pile of stuff I'm getting ready for the skip was growing every day:






I added a basket with red geraniums to the basket already on the stump of the cherry tree, and I had a go at a recipe Pat had given me for an asparagus and goats' cheese tart.



I loved the asparagus and the pastry, but found the goats' cheese I used a little strong.




After I'd got back from a golden wedding celebration on a wet Sunday I did a few more hours work in the garage,

and the next day I made a start on the big shed:

 


The ducks didn't seem much bothered by all the upheaval I created:




The skip was delivered on Monday morning, it was fascinating to watch how the driver placed it in position:






                                                 


I think I promised to show the plants I bought on Tuesday week ago.



 A perennial Erysimum











A Calistemon, "bottle brush" plant


from left to right: yellow Osteospermum, 3x bright red Geraniums, red and white Nemesia, and the dark leaves behind it will grow into a tall red Lobelia.

There is another plant I put in front of the rose that was broken off by the wind - I forgot to take its picture, but will catch up!




There was a fox cub in the trap this morning; I'd rather the grown foxes would be caught that did so much damage to my flock.

This latest photo was taken with my iPad this morning.

Tomorrow is niece Susie's birthday,
Pat and Graham are coming to help me load the skip and to put new roof felt on the shed [the storms whipped half of it off],
and a man is coming to inspect the render on the house and hopefully give me a quotation for render to be applied with the white paint incorporated - so that the house will not have to be painted again [the white masonry paint has been coming off in large patches every year].


No comments:

Post a Comment