Sunday 11 December 2011

Tochter Annies Geburtstag

A very, very happy birthday to my darling daughter Annie  -  bet you won't be looking at this over your cornflakes this morning, breakfast in bed???


My last posting was on Gerd's birthday [I'm very sorry, Frances, I never got around to posting on your's - hope you had a good one!] when I took gingerbread houses, one of them just the flat pieces waiting to be erected, to the Christmas WI Meeting at Swannington. They had a fancy dress competition that evening with a 'Fairy Tales' theme and I had to judge who had the best costume.  That was very difficult as there were so many good ones, in the end I chose 'Rumpelstilzchen'.
Gerd wrote: 
"Interesting idea to take a gingerbread "flat pack" to a WI meeting. 
Did you get a willing volunteer in the audience to take it home and finish it?"
I did, actually, and funnily enough it was the lady dressed as 'Hänsel'!.

My birthday camera [joint prezzie from Carl and Annie and families] continues to delight me, and yesterday I took some photos with the intention of putting them in here in honour of the day:

Distance shots from the house work so much better now, thank you, Carl.




I'd gone to find some bits and pieces to make a window arrangement for John to take to Church today [small picture on left], and on my way into the field I saw John digging over his very productive vegetable patch with a lot of very interested 'helpers':









 
                     Would Billie-Jean's interesting foot position help you with a painting, Annie?

No comments:

Post a Comment